Faith is being sure of what we hope for, certain of what we do not see. Heb 11:1 ~~~~~~~~~~~ My full of blessings journey of infertility.
Friday, April 17, 2009
our new addition.....
YES!! we do have a new addition! A 6 month old baby girl named Merissa from foster care! We got "the call" monday, march 30 while I was at work. My foster/adopt worker asked me if i'd be interested in a legal risk 6 month old healthy baby girl and i said yes, but had to make sure Matt agreed, and he said yes! She was brought to us from Lufkin that night around 8pm. Legal risk means that she will most likely be adoptable....her parents rights will probably be terminated. Mom has had 7 removed and adopted out..merissa is number 8. So far, everything is working out great...mom didn't show up for court, they don't know who dad is and family wants us to adopt, so if things stay this way, we should be able to adopt in about 6 months!! We received her about a week after coming home from vacation! I couldn't believe how GORGEOUS she is! When they brought her in, i just couldn't stop staring at her. I can't post pics yet (foster care rules) not until adoption, but she really is beautiful....dark brown curly hair, and alot of it, and light blue BIG eyes....she has hispanic and caucasian and she is just so pretty.....everywhere we go, people stop and stare at her and have to look closer!! I feel proud, though God knows i didn't create her. Many people say...that mom needs to be "fixed" so she can't keep having babies and not taking care of them....part of me agrees, but the other part, the largest part, the part of me trying to make people understand that God's ways are way bigger than any plans we may have, says that if she had been "fixed" after losing baby #1, we would not have Merissa today....and she is truly a blessing....plus, the others that were adopted probably made a huge difference in the lives of whoever adopted them. We are still going to continue fertility treatment, as i had ordered $400 worth of injectable meds last month, and we have one vial of donor sperm left, but i'm not quite ready to do it......i want God to tell me when to do it, as i want this next IUI to be "the one" and there is so much going on right now that i feel He wants me to wait. Merissa is a joy....she's so happy and only fusses when she's hungry,wet,dirty or tired.....she makes us very happy....we never thought the first foster baby we got would be adoptable, but we would be SO happy if that is in God's will. For anyone going thru infertility, I would recommend going thru fost/adopt thru CPS....not only are you helping out a defenseless child, you are getting your mind off of the struggles of infertility and onto helping and raising a child of God. Don't get me wrong, adopting thru foster care will NOT take the place of becoming pregnant and carrying for 9 months and having a child that's part of me, not in my eyes, but it is something to make u feel happy and so blessed. I feel that God is pleased we are doing this. I want to do it more. I think anyone would be GREAT at it...anyone who is a Christian and wanting to make a difference. Well, gotta go get the baby up and ready! i will be back soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so amazing, Lori. I am so happy for you guys. You are gonna do great!
I will pray for you guys to just be ready when God calls you out to do whatever it is He wants for you to do. I am so excited to know what He has planned for you.
I bet Marissa is gorgeous. The way you have explained her I can't imagine a more beautiful little girl. Good for you!!
Post a Comment