Wednesday, July 13, 2011

MIA? I'm back!!!




Been away for awhile..guess life just got so crazy I neglected many things. Going to make this a quick update and will come back later on to go into more depth.




We adopted Elyssa Nov 2010..was one of the happiest days of my life, and Matt's as well. She is two now and will be three in Sept. Amazes me how fast she's grown and i've had to stop myself several times a day just to stare at her and enjoy the little lady she is becoming. I thank God every day for blessing us with Elyssa.


We received another foster baby last Sept and she was six months...we call her Emma. She had been VERY physically abused by her mom and had endured multiple skull fractures, hematomas in brain and had brain surgery....we call her a miracle baby as they said it is a miracle she is alive and doesnt show any developmental or physical delays or abnormalities. She just had her last cat scan and neuro appt at TX Children's and everything looked great!! We dont have to go back. Emma is one now, she turns two in March and she is just adorable...fits right in our family and we will be adopting her this November 18, 2011! Once again we feel so blessed to have her....and this picture above is Elyssa....I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics on here so bear with me!




We did our last insemination (IUI) last May 2010 and it resulted in a BFP..positive!! We have never been so happy!! Our first u/s at the doctor was around 4 weeks and we were excited...we saw the heartbeat around 6 weeks and I remember just looking at matt and saying "isn't that the coolest thing you've ever seen?" we both had tears in our eyes. We saw our perfect baby girl 3 times and then on 4th u/s there was no heartbeat...I knew as soon as the tech turned the screen away from me that our baby was gone...I was in so much pain and shock I remember I could hardly move and when Matt reached for my hand I couldnt even hold his hand. That was the worst day ever. I had a D&C a few days later and the fetus was tested...she was female and had what is called Turner Syndrome, a chromosomal problem that happens when sperm is joining the egg. Google it for more info lol. So we tried to pick ourselves back up and put ourselves back together...and keep our faith. That was in June/July and Emma came to us in Sept.....as i've said, God never does one thing without doing another...had I still been prego we would not have taken any foster babies at that time...He sent Emma to us for a reason.




Since then we have done a few more treatments that i dont feel like sharing at this point because they just arent pertinent and we are saving to do a better success rate procedure in the future...will keep u updated.




We also have a 2 month foster baby boy at this time who is just adorable...we got him when he was six days old. He will be leaving in a few weeks as he is going to be adopted with his one year old sister and we are unable to adopt two right now. We will miss him, I have grown very very attached to this one.




Time to feed the children...will update again soon. Thanks for reading, if anyone did.




Keep the faith.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You are an incredible woman. All our years growing up together has taught me that you are a strong and very confident woman of God who will always be who she is and known by your family as "the strong one". You are an incredible influence to me and I love you so much. No need to explain yourself..lol...even though I'm sure you feel you have to at times. I love you so much and I know that whatever happens in your family with your children that it is always gonna be God's timing and God's will. In your words "Keep the faith!"

full of faith said...

awww you really are picking up my confidence a bit;) thanks for saying those things...i dont always feel strong or confident but pray for it every day...i dont want it to come across as i'm explaining myself but i know it does sometimes....i just want my story to be as real as i can make it...want others to understand it better...love u so much too girl you have always been an inspiration to me...your family as well.