Monday, February 23, 2009

busy busy busy

well, first of all, sorry for the delay in blogging....Yes, I do have an excuse, I've been busy with fertility appointments and I had a tooth pulled (yuck) that has been infected and also ear infection to go along with it....it sucks that nurses seem to always stay sick, when I feel like I take care of myself...anyway, tomorrow I go to my fertility doc to get an u/s done to check my follicle size...see if the eggs are getting ready to hatch...lol. I took Clomid for 5 days, and if my follies look great tomorrow we will be doing IUI on wed or thurs. This will be our first, and hopefully our last. We have to do fertility treatments because my sweet hubby was diagnosed with a genetic condition called Klinefelter's which can cause infertility...he has low sperm count among other things. Anyway, We have been trying to get prego for four years, we started as soon as we got married...after a year I knew something was wrong, and I went to a specialist. After alot of testing on both of us, they found the problem. People ask me if I feel....upset because my husband makes conceiving hard on us......it's not my hubby's problem,it's OUR problem together...he does not hold all the burden. We understand that God guides Christians thru certain challenges, obstacles, to test our faith.....this has certainly brought us closer together..and closer to HIM. I could not ask for a better hubby....he is compassionate, kind, sensitive, loving, and so good to me. He loves the Lord and that is the best thing! We have been married for four yrs...well , it'll be four on march 12th, and we have been together almost nine yrs. I know that no matter how/when/where we get children...he will be an awesome dad. I know that God will take care of us. So, say an extra prayer for us, that the IUI will work. I know it is heartbreaking for tests/procedures not to work, we've already been thru other tests/surgeries, etc, that did not produce the results we wanted, but it helps to know that God is in control. I have FAITH that He is doing what's best for us.
I will write more soon.
have a blessed, not stressed week!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey Lori,

I want to encourage you to read through my friend Lindsey's blog. She and her husband are also dealing with your same situation. I think that you guys would have a lot in common and maybe you could find some encouragement through her. You can reach her blog through mine (pretty sure it says LINDSEY for the link) or you can get there by www.thekylers.blogspot.com.

I am so glad you are willing to share!!

Jenn said...

lindsey did get your comment..i talked to her tonight and told her i asked you to visit her blog and she said she got your comment.

I'm glad you are here and I can keep up with you this way...love you and praying for you and matt.