Thursday, February 5, 2009

ok, try to remember i'm a newbie here!

hi! ok, i am definitely new to this blogging thing...myspace has been keepin me busy, but since I love to write, I thought this could be a good place to vent and keep up with some friends and vice versa. I want to thank sweetjenn for showing me this blog site, as I've been keeping up with her and her sweet fam thru this site. You'll have to excuse me, I don't have pics up yet...still trying to figure all this out. So, let's start at the basics...my name is Lori, and I am married to Matt...we live in Kirbyville,Tx, but I grew up in Groves, TX and we moved here almost two years ago...it'll be two years in june. We just wanted some land, somewhere close to the lake and somewhere we could hunt,fish, four wheelin, muddin, and just quiet country living. We absolutely love it here, even though remodeling on the house seems to be a lifelong process! Before you ask, no, no kids at the moment. In another blog, I will go all into the fertility situation...or should i say INfertility situation, but not tonight. We became licensed foster/adopt parents two weeks ago and are awaiting a placement, hopefully infant/newborn baby, but we are certified for 0-3 years, male or female. Super excited about this.
I am a nurse, LVN at a medical clinic here in town and my husband is a welder in Vidor. I'm thinking about either opening up a candle/soap business on our property (we have an old storage building that used to be a gas station on our property) or working from home as a medical transcriptionist....for when we have kids. But we will see what God's plans are.
I have been a Christian since 1992 which is when I joined Hillcrest Baptist Church in Nederland and that experience changed my life...made me who I am today. Leaving that church family was heartbreaking. I often think about my years there and the people that molded me and became my family, and I smile with happiness. I wish I had kept more in contact with them, but when I left the church after my mom died, my life spiraled downhill for awhile and a few years later when I thought about going back, the devil told me I would be judged and not accepted. Now, as I've turned back to God, I know that is not true. We are currently attending a church here in town that we have not joined yet, as my hubby was working graveyards and just got moved to days, so our visitation to the church had been sporadic and we now want to pick back up and strengthen our relationship with God and attain a church family and Christian friends in this area that we can have a Christian relationship with.
Whew, that was alot to say for the first time, and I have plenty more, but I want to be able to write more next time. I am at the point in my life where i am trying to pick up with God from where I was many years ago, and it is a learning process. I look forward to meeting new bloggers on here that have advice/encouragement, etc.
We are planning a fertility procedure this month and I hope you will pray for us......we are nervous, but after almost four yrs of infertility meds/treatments, we know it's all in God's hands.
well, i look forward to tomorrow and i'll be back.
God bless ya!

Lori

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am so, so glad you have decided to blog. I loooovvveee it!! I deleted my myspace because no one ever left me comments..lol. No, seriously, I decided that more than one blog was too much work so I decided to go with the one that I enjoyed the most and BLOGGER was it...I love reading and keeping up with everyone here. Seems easier for me. There is more opportunity to really pour out your feelings here.

I will be reading and keeping up with you. Can't wait to read more...I miss you so much. I thought of you the other day when I was thinking of people that you have relationships with and then distance and time seperates you and then when you have opportunity to come back together over time it's like nothing changed..lol....you know what I'm talking about??? Maybe not, but I feel like that with you...always have..

well, I guess I will read more later..lol..

xoxo...my url is www.sweetjenn-mommy.blogspot.com if you still want to follow

Jenn said...

ok, remember if you're gonna do blogger you have to remember to update!!! update, please...jk...lol